Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Success!

I have successfully made chocolate chip cookies!! Oh happy day!!! I feel the need to use a lot of exclamation marks!!!!


I used the recipe for chocolate chunk cookies in Silvana Nardone's book Cooking for Isaiah (a beautiful book that I highly recommend) but I substituted coconut oil for the shortening. They need a little more work to get the texture right, but the girls didn't want to stop eating them. So I count that as a success.

By the way, regular chocolate chips are not always dairy free. (And did you know that MILK chocolate has dairy in it? Who knew?!?) But fortunately I found this really tasty product: Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips

I love that this company's products are free of the 8 common allergens, 4 of which we're trying to avoid in our household. So far I've only tried their candy bars and chocolate chips, but I believe I'll be introducing myself to the rest of their product line soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that cookie recipe! I am on a constant hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie...and this may be it!

    ReplyDelete