Monday, January 10, 2011

Diet

So it turns out that I am indeed allergic to gluten and casein. Farewell cheese, I hardly knew ya. Not the whole picture, though. I'm also suspicious of eggs. I'll see the doctor next Monday to try to hash that out. On the upside, every piece of the puzzle that falls into place is one step closer to me being "cured".

Here's my current list of dietary no-no's:
gluten (wheat, barley, rye)
casein (dairy products)
soy
peanuts
vegetable oil

Have you ever tried to go to the store and buy products without any of those ingredients? It seems that I'll be spending a lot more time in my kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. My girlfriend Sarah, came and stayed with us in November & she has to have a gluten free diet. It is a lot of work but she said she feels a lot better! I've been trying to reduce the gluten to...everything has it in it. Thank goodness you live close to a Trader Joes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trader Joes is a great place to shop for gluten free items. I have posted my tried and true gluten and casein free recipes on my blog...www.steepedbysarah.blogspot.com My gluten eating brother and sister-in-law try everything for me. :) I recently purchased the recipe book "Cooking for Isaiah." That is my favorite gluten free recipe book. There are some other good ones listed on my blog as well. ~Sarah (Theresa's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and here I was thinking today, I should find out if I'm allergic to rabbits, hamsters, and sawdust. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But wait... I wasn't going to EAT rabbits, hamsters, or sawdust. Just trying to relate. :)

    ReplyDelete