Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Household Projects

My project in the girls' bedroom is coming along nicely. The used IKEA loft did finally go together after quite a bit of work and assistance from the husband. I don't think the previous owner could ever have had that thing put together. So there are now 2 lofts in that bedroom and not much room for anything else. I used some very cheap sheets (thanks again to IKEA) to make curtains for the bottoms, so now each girl has her own little fort. Little K has chosen to put in a saucer chair, which takes up most of her space. Big K is still thinking it over. I don't really care as long as they keep the mess behind the curtain. Kind of like the Wizard of Oz, right? This is a good time of year for these reorganization projects, as all the back to school stuff is out in the stores. You can find some neat things that you wouldn't find otherwise.

While I was sewing curtains, the husband spent his weekend stripping and refinishing the bench from our front porch. Which now means that I have to spend a little bit of time finding some other stuff to put on the front porch so that the bench doesn't look so lonely. I have a couple of trips out and about planned for this afternoon to see what I can find. Fortunately, outdoor furniture is on sale now, since summer is almost over, you know.

In other news, I had planned to start school yesterday. But I decided that there is too much going on in our lives for the next couple of weeks, and I was feeling too stressed about it. The girls and the husband are heading out to go camping for a long weekend anyway, so I couldn't have gotten in a complete week. Behind before I even start. Oh, well.

And for those of you who may or may not be interested...I saw a neurologist this past week who thinks that I have a spinal fluid build-up which is pressing on my optic nerve and causing my vision loss. He's going to do some other testing to rule out anything else first, but it looks like I'm headed for a spinal tap. Yee haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment