Thursday, August 20, 2009

Waaaaay too many doctors!

This week, I've visited the offices of (drum roll please) the Orthodontist, the Neurologist, the Therapist, the Psychiatrist and our Primary Care Physician. Thankfully, we have tomorrow off. But next week we start up again with: the Orthodontist (again), the Vet (because the cat needs to get in on the action, too), the Primary Care Physician (again, but for me this time), and the therapist (again, but not for me this time). I've decided to reschedule the appointment with the Neuro-ophthalmologist on Tuesday, since he's not going to tell me anything that I don't already know. "Yes doctor, that's right. I still can't read that eye chart."

On Tuesday evening, just to add a little spice to the mix, the social worker is coming for our two year post-placement report, which needs to be in Russia in September. Can I tell you how much I'm looking forward to chatting with her about how things are going around here? I told the husband that I'm not going to go to a lot of trouble to clean up the house for this visit. I figure I can just tell her that the bulk of the mess is a result of not being able to put that addition on like we'd planned, since we're pouring all our money into therapy.

On a positive note, we came away from the psychiatrist with some medication for J-Man. We'll start it tomorrow evening at dinnertime. I'm praying that we'll hit on the right medication, or medication combo, very quickly.

And before I sign out for this evening, I must take the opportunity to wish my sister a happy 30th birthday. Yes, that's right, she's 30. THIRTY! I'll call you tomorrow to see how your day of pampering went.

1 comment:

  1. It was GREAT! I am officially old and totally out of it, coolwise. Now I AM going to drown my sorrows in ice cream! Thanks a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete