Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yes, I'm a Bad Blogger

Yes, it turns out that I'm a bad blogger. I would like to post more often, but most of the news at our house lately has not been that uplifting.

However, I can share a quick tidbit from my life this past week before I go pass out on the couch. (Yes, at 9:30. That's how exciting my life is.)

I had my first craigslist experience this week. I can't say I'm sold on the experience. I bought an IKEA loft for Little K. (As an aside, I had to pick it up close to where the husband works, which is quite a hike, so the kids and I met him for lunch for the first time ever.) Now, the guy I bought it from assured me that all the parts and hardware were there, just missing the instructions. So when I got home, I went out to IKEA's website and was able to download the instructions (very handy) so that I could do an inventory. Well, what do you know, several of the hardware pieces were missing. Some of them, the husband informed me, would be impossible to find in a hardware store, making the loft unusable. So I took myself down to IKEA at about 8:30 at night, where the very nice person at the service desk filled a little baggie with all the missing hardware. I almost cried. I've read all sorts of nasty things about IKEA on the internet, but I've never found them to be anything but helpful.

Alls well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment