Monday, August 24, 2009

Household Project Update


So here's what I've been up to in my spare time:

The girl's bedroom. Kind of hard to capture in pictures, but just imagine a very small space with two very large lofts. Both girls seem to be very happy with the arrangement, though. And I'm getting a lot less whining about whose stuff is cluttering up the place.



The green side is Little K's, of course. I have a little more work to do on the curtains when I find time, but they're functional for now.





This is underneath Big K's bed. Both girls have a chair, a dresser, hooks for bags and purses, a lamp, special quilts on the wall, and all their miscellaneous junk. Essentially, all the stuff that they can claim as theirs. Community stuff is on community property. Books, for example. I find it interesting that Big K likes her curtains open, while Little K keeps hers closed.



Here's the front porch project I mentioned awhile ago. Most of the stuff came from Pier One and IKEA. I'm waiting for some red cushions to go on sale, but other than that, I'm about done.



And in my ongoing battle to declutter this house, I'm working on getting all the outgrown kids clothes ready for a consignment sale in October. I figured I'd better start early if I wanted to have a fighting chance. I've used at least 250 hangers so far. This picture isn't all the clothes. I've taken over J-Man's entire closet for the coats and pajamas.



And here's the pile of other junk besides hang-up clothes. Yes, that is an overflowing bin of shoes you see there. I can't wait until October and these piles leave the house. Then I can start in on the bookshelves.












We started a light school schedule last week. I told the girls that we were going to use the "boil the frog" approach to starting the school year. Maybe that way it won't be so painful!

The husband's garden is coming on strong. We've had plenty of squash, beets, carrots, cucumbers, potatoes, beans, and finally, tomatoes. We spent a couple of Saturdays doing some canning, and it looks like I'm going to need to start freezing soon. In an unusual spurt of energy, I also managed to bake a batch of bread today. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment