Monday, April 20, 2009

Here We Go

Notice has been given that there will be another 1,600 white collar lay offs at GM this week. This is scary for us as we're now forced to confront the future. Please, if you're so inclined, join us in praying that God's will would be done in our family, that we will have peace, and that we would trust God to take care of us no matter what happens.

And even if its not my husband, its still going to be someone. Even if we're "passed over" in this round, it will still be hard to rejoice at the end of the week, knowing that many were not so fortunate. There's really no good outcome.

At the moment, many of the small annoyances of my life don't seem so important. I'm thankful for a house and a working furnace, cars that run, healthy children, food to eat, and friends that come alongside to help bear the burdens.

For those of you who call me every time you see a reporter standing outside a GM facility on the news (you know who you are!) I'll try to update as we know something and save you a phone bill. I appreciate your concern!

No comments:

Post a Comment