Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And We're Back

We've returned from our annual Easter roadtrip to Minnesota. Let me just say that its good to be home!

We rented a larger vehicle this year to make the drive more comfortable, which worked out really well. However, I have yet to figure out the Rental Car Reservation System. I called Enterprise weeks ago to reserve a GMC Acadia. (Let me just say up front that our Enterprise up the street has had great customer service every time I've dealt with them. It's not the people or the branch, it's the whole system in general that I can't figure out.) The Very Helpful Person on the other end of the line told me to call a couple of days before we were leaving to see if we could actually get the Acadia. What? I thought that was what a reservation was for?

So sure enough, when I called two days before the trip, they couldn't find an Acadia. Something about the basketball tournament. Once again, I thought I had a reservation? So I told her that we'd only drive a GM product, and she said she'd look around and see what she could find for us. The next morning she called with an available Uplander that they'd give us for the same price. Yeah! And when I dropped it off yesterday, I told the guy at the counter that a couple of service lights had been blinking (ABS system, no big deal) and we had topped off the wiper fluid. So he gave me an extra 10% discount. Yeah again!

I can't say I'm sold on owning a minivan, but after this trip, I can certainly see the functionality of the thing. You can tell you're getting old when function starts to outweigh form!

No comments:

Post a Comment