Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random News

So technically I wrote this post and took the pictures last week. I just hadn't found the time to edit the pictures and put it all together. So, while the news might be a little dated, it was in fact news at one time.

First, let me just say a big THANKS! to my cousin who made these beautiful hats for my kids. They love them. I caught Little K wearing hers in the front yard along with her shorts and sandals. No really, the neighbors don't think we're nuts. Why do you ask?



Big K went to the orthodontist to get the Herbst appliance off her teeth. You can check back to my post on September 21 of last year to see the HUGE amount of progress she's made. You know, if you're really interested in seeing some kid's crooked teeth. I had completely forgotten how much work needed to be done. She gets a couple of weeks off and then she'll get more brackets and new wires.



We're still on the hunt for a dog. I've narrowed it down to a Mastiff (100-200 lbs) or a Pug (15-25 lbs). I can't decide if I want a small pony or a large woodchuck in my house. Of course, the husband is not so on board with those options. So we'll probably end up with an over-the-hill golden retriever who's too old to get into much trouble. Seriously.

The never-ending shell game in my small house continues. Big K has moved out of the bedroom she previously shared with Little K, and into the room that I previously called my storage/sewing room. How did I accomplish that? Four large garbage bags, one trip to the Salvation Army, five bins of clothes to a consignment sale, three trips into the crawl space, and two boxes of books to the used book store. One new bedroom...priceless. For a few days at least...until we start buying stuff for the room.

The husband brought home an Acadia to try out for a few days. Whereupon we discovered that, while it was a really nice vehicle, I still spent a lot of my time turned around trying to get the kids to stop fighting. So we've come to the conclusion that we could solve our space problem with a much cheaper used minivan that doesn't solve the fighting issue instead of an expensive new vehicle that doesn't solve the fighting issue. I had hoped to completely skip the minivan stage of life. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment