Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Doctor

I went to a new doctor yesterday to discuss my MS. This guy came highly recommended, and I've waited for 7 months to see him. He does not participate with any insurance, which is why he was able to sit and talk with me for an hour. (Yes, I said an hour.) He even seemed to be listening! He looked through all my previous test results and told me which ones where crap (Some of which I already knew.) and then ordered several more tests. He told me to drink a lot of water the morning I go for the blood draw, since they'll be taking about 12 vials. (Yes, I said 12 vials.)

Can I tell you what a relief it is to see a doctor who actually listens to me? To see a doctor who orders the tests that I've wanted done for over a year? All I wanted was a stinkin' allergy test and some additional Lyme and thyroid testing. Why was that so hard? Am I not the customer? When I go into a restaurant and order, I expect that the waiter will bring me what I want. In this case, the waiter (doctor) essentially told me that what I wanted wasn't necessary, and I could have a big, fat plate of toxic chemicals instead. Yummy!

I'm really glad that practitioners like this new one are out there. However, it seems that, even though we have insurance, we're paying out of pocket more and more for health care. Because the really good providers and the cutting edge treatment facilities don't want to play games with the insurance company. And I can't say that I blame them. I don't like dealing with them, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment