Sunday, October 31, 2010

Introducing Duke

Drum roll, please...
Here he is...Duke the Dog. (He came with the name. I think it's ridiculous, but what can you do.) He seems to be a little camera shy, so this is the best I could get today.

He is a 2 year old, 94 pound, pure black lab. We've had him for slightly over 24 hours and he's been great. So much better than the last dog experience. The Duke was not warmly received by the Queen (aka Emily the Cat) but that should get straightened out soon, I think. The Queen seems to be emerging as the pack leader, much to the husband's dismay.

For anyone who may be interested in adopting a rescue dog, I'm glad to provide info about the great rescue organization that we worked with.

1 comment:

  1. You have just brought back such great memories for me! I had a dog growing up that looked just like Duke. Labs are awesome, and he already looks like a good fit for your busy family!

    ReplyDelete