Monday, April 12, 2010

Update

I realize I haven't posted anything substantial in awhile, but I've been so busy that it keeps getting pushed aside. Today I have a nasty cough and I can't read to anyone. So I have a few extra minutes to post an update about what I've been up to.

We've discontinued (for now, at least) J-Man's attachment therapy and moved on to sensory integration and occupational therapy with a side of interactive metronome. As a result, I'm now in the process of making a weighted blanket. Which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. It will weigh roughly 10 pounds when I'm finished. J-Man likes the pressure against his body...he finds it soothing and calming. Since they cost $150-$175, I figured I could give making it a go. Slow and tedious, but coming along steadily.

I'm getting ready for the spring consignment sale, so my storage room has clothing hanging everywhere. I'll be glad to get more stuff out the door. We are now officially past the Little People stage, so all that stuff can go, too. Yahoo!

Some of you know that I buy and sell books as a hobby. Unfortunately, my favorite part is the buying. Which means that I often have way too many books sitting around waiting to be sold. So right now I'm trying to get several eBay listings ready to go. Hopefully by the end of the week.

I'm also pondering a bedroom reorganization in our house that would involve everyone shifting around. The main objective would be to get J-man out of the center of the house, but it would also give all the kids more floorspace in their bedrooms. Still thinking this one over.

I have another MRI scheduled for May to see if anything new has developed. The very nice lady who made my appointment for me asked if I'd like a sedative before the test. To which I said: "Yes, please". I've developed a rather strong dislike for the MRI machine.

And then, of course, regular life. Getting school accomplished every day. Running people to tennis lessons, piano lessons, art lessons, doctor appointments, therapy appointments, you-name-it appointments. Trying to keep the house clean, laundry and dishes done and dinner on the table.

I'm so glad that Spring is here and the kids can spend the evenings in the back yard with Daddy. I'm sure it's good exercise for them. :-) I'm looking forward to summer vacation and a slower pace coming in roughly 7 short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment