Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent

I whipped up my first batch of laundry detergent this past weekend using this kit from Lehman's:

Homemade Laundry Soap Starter Set

Yes, I know that I could have purchased all the supplies separately and saved some money, but this was just easier. I'm a big fan of easier these days.

The process was really quite easy, just a little messy. The instructions warn you that this is a low suds formula, so I wasn't surprised when I ran my first load and there was no froth at the top. It was a bit unnerving though, and I had to fight off the urge to dump in more soap. My first load is in the dryer now, and I'll report back later if any member of my sensitive-skinned family breaks out in a rash. I've used the same detergent for years (Tide Original Scent) because of this problem, so I have my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment