Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birthday Party for Little K

I finally pulled myself together this year, and my 7-year-old had her first birthday party ever. I figured there was no reason that I should do all the work for this thing, especially with 5 able-bodied girls running around.

So when they first got here, they sat down and decorated some plain aprons (I got a great deal at Hobby Lobby) with fabric markers.


We slapped those puppies on and they got to work assembling their pizzas. I gave them each a piece of Naan bread (Indian flatbread) that my kids like, and each girl got to choose from several toppings. I popped them under the broiler and they were eating in no time. After lunch (and a little clean up) the girls came back to the kitchen to whip up their own cupcakes. While they were baking, Little K opened her presents, and the girls spent some time playing with the new loot. Then we put the aprons back on and assembled cookie mixes for them to take and bake at home. I had them fill a quart sized ziplock instead of a canning jar and then later tucked them into a cute gift bag with a label and cookie cutter decoration. I found similar pre-made mixes at a cooking party website for $7 or $8 each. Yikes!


After some more clean up, I mixed up the frosting, and the girls frosted and sprinkled their own cupcakes.

They each got to take home an apron and a cookie mix, which I thought was a lot better than some of the junk that my kids have brought home from parties! Fortunately, the sun came out near the end of the party, and I was saved from having to pull out my emergency craft kits. Yeah! As far as I could tell, a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment