Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dress Shopping...Bah, Humbug

It's time for my annual struggle to find Big K an Easter dress. Ugh. The kid is 10, but already 5 feet tall, and her measurements just zigzag wildly across any size chart I've ever seen. We spent yesterday morning at the mall trying on dresses here and there and couldn't find anything cute enough or modest enough in her size. Why exactly, when a little girl graduates from a size 6X, do clothing manufacturers consider her to be all grown up...or perhaps ready for the world's oldest profession? We did find one dress that we both liked at Macy's, but it had an u-g-l-y belt and it didn't fit quite right. So then I spent yesterday afternoon looking at patterns and fabric online. I think I can copy it and make it better. Somehow I have to fit that in before Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO loving reading all about the little things you are up to.

    ReplyDelete