Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vindication - Sort Of

I took J-Man into U of M hospital this afternoon to see an orthopedic surgeon. The kid walks on his toes and I've been trying to get a doctor to listen to me for awhile about it. Finally got a prescription for physical therapy a couple of months back, which did no good and was completely frustrating. Plus, the physical therapist thought I was an idiot (I'm just the mom, you know) so it was super fun all around.

So this afternoon the surgeon told me that the muscles and tendons in my son's legs are REAAAALLLY tight and that he will need surgery to correct it. If we don't fix it, the problem will get progressively worse and he will have hip and back problems in the future. He will have to wear braces, probably for the rest of his life (but eventually just at night), to keep it from getting out of control again.

Look at that. Just mom was right.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So glad you continued to be his advocate & got another opinion. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete