Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Inspiration

The husband's aunt (my aunt-in-law?) paints beautiful watercolors. When we were out in Minnesota for Easter a year or two back, she called all the woman into her guest bedroom and invited us to dig through her paintings and take whatever we wanted. Because she was "running out of room". Now if it was me, I think I might take my overflow to a gallery and try to sell it. But its not like I (the recipient of beautiful, free artwork) was going to say that out loud.

So now that the school year has come to an end, I've been on a mission to clean out my bedroom. Not just vacuum up the big chunks and hit the high spots with the swiffer duster...you know what I mean...but really, really clean it. It had been quite awhile since I took a good look around that room. And I realized that it had been even longer since I put any thought into decorating it. So when I came across the garbage bag full of artwork tucked in a corner, the light bulb went on.

Here's the painting...



The background looks black in the photo, but its really green, blue and purple. I've already made a trip to Ikea. Now I have paint to select, carpet to remove and curtains to make. Its good to have a project! Its good to have time to do a project!

1 comment:

  1. We are also going to do our bedroom this summer! My problem is I've had everything picked out - paint, pictures, etc - and they are just sitting there because we have to scrape wallpaper first. And who wants to do that?!

    ReplyDelete