Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Should be in Dickens

Dig back deep in your memory to the days of English Lit and find the word "Chilblains".  Got it?  Know what it is?  Yah, me neither.  Until yesterday, that is, when I went to the doctor with some chronic sores on my toes.  Turns out I have some cruddy circulation going on, and I essentially have frostbite without really having frostbite.  What does that mean?  A trip to REI for some Smartwool socks, a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond for a heated blanket, a trip to the lab for more blood work, a trip to the Rheumatologist to see if I have lupus...or something.  Yesterday I was feeling grouchy about the whole thing.  This morning I'm feeling better.  Perhaps this is the last piece of the puzzle I need to get an accurate diagnosis.  I'm praying that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment