Monday, February 21, 2011

A Tale of Two Counties

As you may or may not know, the heavens opened up again last night and dumped a boatload of snow on us. It was (fortunately) a scheduled day off school for J-Man anyway, so there was no Caught-Off-Guard-Without-A-Clue-As-To-How-I'm-Going-To-Get-Through-This-Day kind of moment. Whew. However, since it was a scheduled day off, I had it filled up with appointments for the little dude. Because I wouldn't want him to miss out on the opportunity to go to school because of an appointment. (It's not a lie if your audience knows that you're not telling the truth, right?)

So I pulled the 4x4 out of temporary storage and headed out into the arctic tundra this morning. Here's what got my attention as I was driving northward.

I took this picture at 9:15, north of 8 Mile, after I crossed over into Oakland County.


I took this picture on my way home, south of 8 Mile, in Wayne County (home to the City of Detroit) at about 11:00. Nearly 2 hours later. Do you see what I see?


What you can't see are all the cars I saw stuck in the snow, the accidents, and the nearly impassable right lane. I know I got a tax bill. I know I paid it. Where exactly did all that money go? Better yet, who made the decision not to use it for plows and salt? Inexcusable.

I should have noted, for the purposes of clarity:
1. This is the same 5-lane road, just different sides of a county line.
2. It had stopped snowing at about 4:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment