Monday, February 8, 2010

Hunting the Elusive Wii

A couple of weeks back the husband and I decided (for a variety of reasons, but mostly because the kids drive me nuts in the winter) that we were going to buy a Wii Fit. Now, I knew nothing about these things. Including the fact that they are extremely hard to come by. I had some Walmart gift cards to dispose of, so I wandered in one day last week fully expecting to come out with a Wii in tow. Silly old me.

After a little research on the internet I discovered my error. I stumbled upon a site called Zoolert (which I recommend) that tracks the stock of hard to find items (such as the Wii console and the Wii Fit game). Last night, after stalking my prey for about a week, I finally completed my package. Just in time, since the husband was starting to accuse me of being one of those "Cabbage Patch Moms" from back when we were kids. I really don't think it was that bad. Its not like I trampled anyone or anything.

So now we just have to sit and wait for the pieces to arrive from various retailers. I feel a certain sense of victory that I didn't cave and pay twice as much as I should on eBay and yet, I'm missing the thrill of the hunt this morning. Perhaps I should get back to book buying, where the victories are cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment