Friday, September 18, 2009

The Week in Review

So it turns out that a spinal tap is not as bad as you might think. Sure, it hurt a little, but the anticipation was the worst part. The best part was that I had to lay on the couch yesterday afternoon and this morning to avoid the post-spinal tap headache. So I couldn't cook dinner, do the dishes or pick up anything I dropped. It was rough. Plus that, I was supposed to drink a lot of caffeine (which I've decided to extend until today) so the husband provided beverage service to the couch. Overall, it was a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately, the test didn't show what the neurologist thought it would, so we're still on a hunt for a diagnosis. A few more tests will be run on the spinal fluid, and I'll go back in a couple of weeks for a follow up. In the meantime, I still can't see.

In other news, the husband survived this round of layoffs, and I'm relieved that we don't have that hanging over our heads anymore. Christmas shopping should be more fun this year!

J-Man will start another medication tomorrow. The therapist thinks that we'll get some good results out of this one. I hope so. She also said that one of the side effects is weight gain. Which certainly couldn't hurt...except that I just bought the kid some slim jeans, which I still had to cinch up!

Glad the week is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment